Monday, January 10, 2011

Go ahead, knock me down

2010.  What a year.

Kicked to the curb and got up.  Scratched my head, was very scared, figured it out and moved on.

Got kicked again.  This time I was pissed off, knew what to do, made a plan and jumped.  So far, I'm happy to report, I am still flying over and laughing at 2010.

2011.

Started out with a bottle of champagne in an aptly named city and woke up the next day feeling good.  Came back to Topeka and decided that this year is going to be about me.  What I want, what I need, what my kiddos need.
It's not going to be about the opinions of others or their issues.  When I jumped off a building in October and spread my wings, it wasn't to crash land.  It was to live and learn, find myself.  That might mean more photography, my first tattoo, a short 'n sassy haircut (love it!!) and a new job somewhere else.
It meant that yesterday I taught myself how to replace both the toilet seats in my house and later this week I will learn some more handywoman skills and then call a realtor for this house.

This year is about doing it by myself because no one is going to do it for me.

It's about knowing that people are going to hurt me only if I give them permission.  So...you can't.  If you try, you'll be using your energy, not mine.

This year I will survive because I want to and I will enjoy life while I fly above and laugh.

1 comment: