Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some Days Are Like That

Today's been one of those days.

Started early...was good... then it was great...then it was okay...then it sucked...and now I am having some hot tea and it's okay again.

When the time came to put the chickens to bed, they all cuddled together and said "mom, read to us!"...so, I grabbed a book off the shelf.

"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Vorst

As I started reading, the irony wasn't lost on me.
So, instead of just "reading", I discussed.

 "Do you guys ever have days like this?"  Yes, mom, we do.
"Do you think Alexander has a good attitude?"  No, he's whining.
"Why don't you think anyone is paying any attention to him?"  Because he's whining!


Alexander always says he's going to Australia whenever he is upset.
So I asked the kids to each tell me the name of an animal that lives in Australia (you can take the mom out of the zoo but you can't take the zoo out of the mom!)
Gabe:  Wallaby
Jackie: Kangaroo
Will (via mom's whisper in ear): Echidna


At the end of Alexander's day, his mom says:  "Some days are like that"

At the end of the day, (even the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad ones), there is always something good.

You just have to choose to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment